Wednesday 21 December 2011

Self-Portrait: A Photographer's Dilemma

A professional photographer will generally be analytical and critical of every photograph he sees; especially those which he has taken himself. The biggest dilemma facing either an hobbyist or a professional photographer is when he is asked to provide a photo portrait of himself --- it seems that this task (which should really be quite simple) is turning out to be one of the most nerve-wracking exercises I've ever had to go through.

I am in the process of updating my professional profile, and I have to provide a suitable portrait of myself. And none of them seem to be "quite right." This is an amazing dilemma after my having been a professional commercial and stock photographer for in excess of ten years, and after having received some wonderful compliments on my work [including several Editor's Choice Picks on Dreamstime -- You can click on http://www.dreamstime.com/HongChan001_info to see some of these for yourself].

The challenge is not only creating a photograph which expresses who I am as an individual, in the best possible light (no pun intended). It is also the fact that I will be judging my own professional abilities by the end result, as will countless other friends, colleagues and clients who will get to see my "photo avatar."

I'm still at work trying to capture the best possible image of myself; one that not only shows my best side, but one that meets my only rigorous technical and artistic requirements.

When this process is finished, I promise to show you the end result... I'll let you be the judge!

- Hong Chan - Photography.



Hong Chan: Photography. - Blog Freeze Frames Fotos - Blog Follow Hong Chan Photo on Twitter Follow FreezeFramesHub on Twitter Join Hong Chan on LinkedIn Share this page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive